Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Boomwhackers!

I am so thankful everyone has loved my boomwhacker arrangements. I started teaching the concept of boomwhackers with the circles from the "Boomwhacker Brilliance" post. It helped sooooooo much. And, the kids had a lot of fun with it.

So today, we actually got to use the instruments! They did so well. I used the circles again to help get them to pay attention to the board and understand that they are responsible for the color boomwhacker they are holding. It worked out so well!

Here are the powerpoint files for the boomwhacker music I arranged. I saved and uploaded these with Google documents. Once you open it in the browser, under "file" choose "export to google presentation" to see it and save it as a presentation. You can also choose "download" to download the file to your school computer.

Frere Jacques

Boomwhacker Mystery Pieces

Christmas Boomwhacker Tunes

Here are some videos I have used, too

One Minute Boomwhacker Introduction

 

One Minute Boomwhacker Piece

 

3 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your mystery pieces and have used them in my 1st-5th grade classes - yes, even the 5th graders dig them! Now, getting to explore the rest of your blog. Well done! Love the layout and ideas here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may laugh, but I am a high school physics teacher and we have been studying the physics of music. I use boomwhackers for demonstration. My students loved the mystery pieces, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete